Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Hangover

Mr. Kiki and I were traveling this weekend for a friend's wedding that was nine hours away from our home. Luckily, my hometown happened to be the midpoint for that trip, and we were able to spend some time with my family, which usually leads to some crappy eating. Throw in the wedding, and...

Friday: Philly steak sandwich and onion rings at a local pub
Saturday: Mom's homemade spaghetti and meatballs with some awesomely fresh bread
Sunday: (at the wedding) another Philly steak sandwich, baked potato bar, cookies, cake, cotton candy, and I don't know how many Malibu and diet cokes...
Sunday: Oh, yeah, Melting Pot

I know, I know, I make my own choices regarding food, and a lot of those choices weren't very good ones this weekend. But it's a holiday! And I was celebrating my friend's marriage! Somehow, looking back, those excuses just aren't good enough. So, I got back on track yesterday. My 6:15AM bootcamp workout helped too.

Breakfast: two eggs, two links of turkey sausage and a banana
Morning snack: some trail mix
Lunch: Faux buffalo wings (I love me some fake chicken...much better than a veggie burger!), carrots, and a jello 60 cal pudding
Afternoon snack: Chobani peach greek yogurt
Dinner: Italian turkey sausage (grilled up), asparagus, some mashed potatoes, and a scoop of 90 cal ice cream

I really wonder if people are starting to find a correlation between my boot camp adventures and the fact that I'm getting married in 16 days (!!!). Actually, I brought this up to my mom this weekend, and told her that bootcamp is going to extend past the wedding/honeymoon, and that I'm doing this for myself, to get healthy again, to feel happy in my body (which unfortunately, I do not right now), and not to try to lose 25 pounds in 2 weeks (which, duh, is not even possible). I'm a total stress eater, so if I can focus on not eating everything in sight for the next 16 days, eat healthier, and get my exercise in, I'll be a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment